LinkedIn Profile

Sunday, November 17, 2013

What Will We Speak?


Have you ever considered the progression of our ability to communicate? Ever wonder if we will replace words with our own creative outpourings? It seems the future is getting closer – if you think like that. It is easy to create now – whether by word, picture or film. Being able to publish anything from a book to a film has been opened up to the masses by the digital age.  No longer are there restrictions such as being “found” by an agent. Anyone can publish, isn’t that great news?

I see our souls as creative entities and our shining of what’s inside will be so much more easily broadcasted to the world, if that’s what we want. No longer will it be a select few that will entertain and inform us. We will be able to do it ourselves. Think of how many more bright lights will be shared in the world.

What am I talking about? If you are lost, I apologize. I am talking about the new form of publishing that is easy to access and easy to do. These are called Print on Demand Sites (PODS) on the Internet. PODS make it possible for YOU, yes, YOU to CREATE! Create a book and publish it – no problem, or a CD of music or even a film! It’s really wonderful! You can do it all, on some of the sites, or you can upload something you’ve made in another setting.

As I’ve been looking around this past week, my favorite so far is CreateSpace. On CreateSpace.com you can create a book using their software and their site. They will give you a quote as to how much it will cost to print and ship it, so you can keep a tally of the cost as you create. It’s really nice!

My second favorite is CafePress. Ever wanted to make your own dishes, clothing and calendars with your photos? Now you can! It’s really not too expensive, either. I was investigating a Nook sleeve and created one with my cat’s picture. What fun! Expressing yourself has never been easier or more fun! CafePress offers all kinds of products to personalize, so have a look! Maybe you need a new bumper sticker – or a personalized picture to hang on the wall. They have it all!

I hope you find this type of service as inspiring as I do. It has given me such a feeling of freedom and excitement. Now I can “publish” a book and brag to my friends. (Of course I will encourage then to do the same!)

No comments:

Post a Comment